Tuesday 20 February 2018

Spring Bouquet

When I saw the new Spring Bouquet stamp set from Avery Elle, I couldn’t wait to colour the beautiful flowers.

 

One of my favourite ways to colour images at the moment is to use a mix of alcohol markers and coloured pencils, for a no line colouring look.

I began by stamping the large bouquet image with a very pale pink ink. I then used some light pink and green markers to add colour. I left some areas free of colour so they can be highlights on the image. 


By adding this layer of alcohol marker colour first, it covers a lot of the white card and adds a nice base layer on which to add the finer pencil details on top.
I used my coloured pencils to build layers of colour on top. I really love this process and find it relaxing. Though I am still learning, and every image is different, I recommend just having a go and seeing what you can do. 
To turn this into a card, I trimmed the panel down, added some gold sparkle twine, and used foam tape to add it to a kraft card base.

I then added some sequins and a banner sentiment, using a greeting from the same stamp set. 

Thanks for joining me today,
Gemma

Avery Elle Spring Bouquet
Lawn Fawn Gold Sparkle Twine
MFT Stitched Sentiment Strips

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Would love to see photos of the different stages of your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will try and remember to do photos at the different stages for next time :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team