Monday 22 January 2018

A Bowling Scene


Hi, it's Jenny here back in my normal Monday slot :)

I have been inspired by a couple of recent diorama style cards, one from MFT here and then Dawn at Wplus shared a video showing how to make a larger, skinny version here
I love a spot of papercraft engineering so I decided to make a bowling alley scene using the videos as a guide and the Sugar Pea designs stamp set called Spare Me.....


I adjusted the measurements so my card would fit in a standard UK C6 envelope and added two strips along the base to build the scene.


I stamped the images onto white card and coloured them with markers before cutting them out with scissors. I added a piece of patterned paper to the back wall and some basic shapes to represent the back area of the bowling lane.
The stamp set comes with some funky retro shapes which look great as signs so I added another strip of card for a ceiling so I could attach the "Strike up some fun" sentiment  to it.


I have used a discontinued alpha die from my stash for parts of the sentiment but there are small alphabets in store you could use instead such as the Bottlecap letters or alphabet stamps like Hollow Letters for the same effect.

Here's a top view to show the card strips inside the box.... I love the neat and compact this style of card is yet it's quite different from the normal too... just fold it sideways to flatten it for the envelope :)



  

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team