Thursday 12 October 2017

Just a Couple of Bears

Taheerah is taking a little break this week so I've made a couple of extra cards to share this week and today I'm all about bears.

I started off with the super cute bear in the new Polar Pals set from MFT - I mean come on - a polar bear in a jumper???  What could be cuter?


I picked a really simple colour scheme to start with - turquoise, purple and green and used that to theme my card.  I coloured the bear using markers from my zig set with teal and purple on his jumper and light grey to add shadows to his fur.  I die cut the starry circles background from MFT and did a light colour wash using the same markers I coloured the jumper with but with lots of water.  I used green with a hint of yellow on the trees and then fussy cut them out.  I added a dotted snow hill over the bottom of the starry background and then added all the items on top.

To frame the scene on the base card I added a die cut scalloped circle from green paper from the knock on wood pack from Lawn Fawn and to ensure the sentiment matched I stamped that on a scrap of card coloured with the same purple marker. 

For my second card I finally got around to playing with the fabulous Paper Layering Bear die  from Hero Arts - isn't he just so handsome?


I simply die cut him from some water colour card and using the zig markers in two shades of blue coloured his scarf.  Using a little grey to define his shape and black for his eyes and hey presto - he's done!

The sentiment is from the Polar Pals stamp set and is die cut using the stitched fishtail sentiment dies from MFT and coloured with the same blues.  It would be a great die for all year round as he's not totally Christmassy so I think with this sentiment you could use it for a winter birthday too.

That's all from me today - catch you on Sunday.

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team