Friday 25 August 2017

Be Bewitched!

Hi everybody,

Jill here, and this week I'm getting hyped for Halloween!


Using the awesome Bewitching from Avery Elle's latest release.


Let's just get past the 'HOW is it nearly October already?!', (but really, HOW?!), and on to the WOOHOO-OOOO it's nearly Halloween!  I've always loved Halloween as it's the day after my best friend's birthday so we always do something fun, and I'm loving how amped up it has become over in the UK - for sure our friends over the pond do it best, but we're definitely catching up.


I love this new Bewitching set from Avery Elle, it's packed full of all your favourite Halloween images, spooky ghouls and a wickedly wretched witch, (who's actually really rather sweet), and a ton of cool sentiments made with a spooktacular font!  Another job well done from Avery Elle!

I started my card by cutting a circle from masking paper and inking through it to create a bright moon, then uisng the positive piece from my masking paper, covering the moon and ink blending a black background around it.  I added some purples and navy blues to my background to give it some depth but it didn't show up to good in the photos.  I then added a flick of water to add some texture to my background.  Once completely dry, I added some stars from my stash and heat embossed in silver.
I then stamped out the awesome witch from the set, flying across the sky on her broomstick, and coloured using Copics.  I then cut around her leaving a thin outline which I coloured yellow to help blend into the moon and added to my card front using foam tape.


I took a piece of purple card and stamped out my sentiment right along the bottom, adding the sweet little bat which is included in the set, and heat embossed in silver. I then added the same little bat to the moon in black, for a little added interest, matted my panel over top of the purple card and mounted onto a card base.


And there you have it, a Bewitching blog post to get you hyped for Halloween :)

As always, everything I used is linked below so be sure to have a peek.

See you next week.

Jillx


Bewitching












1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team