Monday 21 August 2017

A Terrarium of Succulents


Hello again, Jenny back for a Monday morning and hope it's a good start to the week for you :)

Like my teamie, Taheera, I was excited to see Flora & Fauna stamps and dies come to Seven Hills Crafts.... and as I love anything that grows I had to get the Succulents set in use first...


I have used a mixture of paper piecing, marker colouring and plain ol' stamping for this little collection of plants. The succulents set comes with a selection of vases and bottles but I love how you can mix and match the Flora & Fauna sets so I used the Octagon Greenhouse die as a terrarium for the plants


I just love the hand-drawn style of the images and by using coloured card for a spot of paper piecing you can add some bold impact too :)

I've used a stitched square panel for my stamping and then mounted it to a card base and trimmed off the excess. The base card has been stamped using the linear scribble from MFT's Distressed patterns.... by using a similar colour ink to the cardstock you can just add a subtle texture.

                                         
                                          

Well tha'ts another green fingered card!!.....
 I've gradually moved from the allotment to indoor plants over the last three weeks!!
Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team