Friday 30 June 2017

Simply Sweet Forest Friends

Hi everybody,

Jill here, and this week, I'm keeping things sweet & simple...


...using the adorable Sweet Forest Friends from My Favourite Things.


Oh my, the little critters in this Sweet Forest Friends are soooo cute...I just can't!  The style of this set is so sweet, and lines so simple I wanted to stick with the same theme with my design and create a very cute and clean card.
I started by cutting my frames using Lawn Fawn's Stitched Rectangles.  I took the centre panel and stamped my design onto it.  I masked off as I went so the little critters could all be gathering in front of the tree.  I stamped my sentiment from the same Sweet Forest Friends set onto my panel and clear heat embossed.  I then coloured my images and my background using Zig Clean Colour Real Brush markers and left to dry.
Whilst that was drying, I took my outer frame and stamped one of the teeny flowers from the set all over it, I also took this time to stamp out a ton of the small flowers from the set onto a spare scrap of card.  I then coloured all of my pieces, again, using my Zigs and fussy-cut the teeny weeny flowers.


Once all my colouring was compete and my pieces were dry, I pieced them back together, adding an extra layer beneath my main panel so it stands slightly forward and added my flowers to my scene.  Once my scene was complete, I felt it was lacking one little touch, so stamped out, coloured and fussy cut a few of the little butterflies from the set and added them to my card.  This finished off my piece a treat and added some lovely dimension.
I finished by adding Glossy Accents to my critters eyes and noses and there you have.


I really hope you like it.
As always, everything I used is linked below.

See you next week.

Jillx

Sweet Forest Friends  Small Stitched Rectangle Lawn Cuts Image 1  Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pen (12 piece set)

3 comments:

  1. This is so adorable! That floral border is perfect - what a great idea. This set has been on my wishlist for ages so thanks for the nudge to action!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! Such a pretty card and love that border, those fussy cut flowers are bound to have been 'fun' lol. Looks great coloured in the Zigs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card ! Love the pretty flower boarder . Great design x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team