Friday 9 June 2017

Dreaming of adventure.

Hi everybody,

Jill here and this week, I'm dreaming of adventure...


...using the incredibly beautiful Boho Vibes from Reverse Confetti.


I'm a fully fledged unadulterated hippy to the core, so this set is right up my alley.  I love anything that sends a message as oppose to just a sentiment so fell in love with this set the second I saw it.
I wanted to keep in theme with the design of the set and was hoping to achieve a chilled out, laid back cool, tie-die kinda vibe.
I started by heat embossing one of the large arrows from the set across my background in white.  I then took a load of my favourite inks, smooshing them on my craft mat then adding them to my background with a ton of water allowing them to mix and blend into each other, but quickly mopping up any areas that became too 'muddy'.  I wanted my panel to be completely flat as I knew I was going to do more stamping and heat embossing over the top so, once my background was dry, I ironed my panel in between 2 sheets of copier paper.  If you've never tried this technique before it is awesome; you get all the gorgeous pooling and gathering from the emboss resist, but once you've ironed the powder off, it leaves your panel totally flat.  Perfect for backgrounds and an incredibly handy technique to know!


Now I had a nice flat panel to work on, I set about stamping my main images.
The sentiment, arrow and dream catcher are all from the same Boho Vibes set.  I wanted my stamping to be done in silver embossing powder as I thought it would look beautiful against the ink colours, but it is also very easy for silver to get a little lost against a strong background so I had the idea to stamp it out first in black ink and clear heat emboss that, then re-stamp over the top in Versamark and add the silver.  it worked a treat, it gave a much stronger impression and added height to the embossing.


Despite it only being one layer so far, there was already a lot going on on this card so, after colouring the centre heart bright red, decided to leave it there.


I really like how this card came out, I hippy hope you do too!

As always, everything I used is linked below.

See you next week.

Jillx

Boho Vibes



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Jill! That background is gorgeous and I love the set. Such an eye catching and pretty card <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team