Sunday 18 June 2017

A Cluster of Cacti

Good morning - hope you're enjoying the mini-heatwave we have in the UK.  We were very traditional yesterday and went to a farmers market and watched some cricket on the green - it was far too hot to stay indoors so my card is fresh off the craft table this morning.


I decided to play with cacti - I do love a succulent and used to grow them - so Cultivated Cacti from Newton's Nook was a must have set for me.  I love how easy the solid images are to stamp in a couple of shades to get some depth and interest really quickly.  I just used a variety of green inks and went to town with them.  I plumped for orange and teal pots again double stamping with a darker shade on the right to give some shading to them too.

To add some interest to the background I used a stamp from AlteNew's Watercolor Frames and then after fussy cutting the cacti (there is a die set which would make cutting the spikey cacti a little easier!) I clustered the pots together and finished with a sentiment from MFT's Big Birthday Sentiments.



NEWS FROM THE STORE

It will be a quieter week this week in terms of deliveries:
  • We are waiting for Sugar Pea Designs to ship their latest release - there was an issue with a couple of sets so their delivery was late.  Hopefully it will ship this week and then we'll have it a few days later.
  • We should have some Kuretake restocks later this week.
  • We are still waiting for the latest Hero Arts items to arrive - we never get any advance notice from them as they come via a UK distributor so we only know the day before they are coming.
 Right - that's all from me this week - catch you after the sunburn.

Tara

2 comments:

  1. I love your card today and the extra shading on the solid stamps looks fab! I've got my eye on this set and it's already on my ever growing wish list. Thanks for the update on the store too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cacti are fabulous, and I LOVE the watercolour background stamps. Enjoy your day :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team