Sunday 25 September 2016

Lacy Panels

It may surprise you that as a CAS crafter, the first item I wanted to grab from the new Waffle Flower release was the Lacy Panel die but I have a secret crush on intricate dies!   I often buy them, try to use them, find all the bits too hard to get out and stick them in a drawer.   However not with this one - it cuts like butter.   Also if you do ever have problems, Keren taught me a new trick she'd learnt whilst working with some tricky dies this week from a UK brand, if the bits are stuck, keep the paper in the die and change the plates on your machine so you can run it through again with an embossing mat as this will push the detailed areas back into the die and make them easier to get out.

For this first card I used the main panel but I cut around the dotted lines to remove the central panel so I could reveal the coloured card underneath.


I used a Concord and 9th Happy Hues card base and to turn lacy into fun and modern added one of the super cute characters from the Stamping Bella Christmas release - The Penguin & The Marshmallow who is just so adorable and fun to colour.  The sentiment is cut from glitter paper using a Paper Smooches Merry Christmas die.

Whilst I was in Christmas mood, I thought the floral element in middle of the panel could be coloured to look like a poinsettia (would make a good Lily for year round crafting too) so I knocked out a couple of quick Christmas cards for my stash (only about 300 to go...)


I used the Merry and Bright die from Lil' Inker Designs and coloured the lettering with copics and added shine with a red wink of stella pen.  I gave the die cut the same treatment and popped it over a green base card with some hand drawn green lines.


For a super traditional card, I took the same green base cards but added an embossed panel using Avery Elle's Double Pierced Rectangles.  I die cut the floral element twice and layered a white one behind the coloured one with a tiny offset to make it stand out from the green base.  The sentiment is my all time favourite Christmas die cut - Season's Greetings also by Avery Elle just cut from Gold mirri.  Finished with a sliver of red card to balance the flowers and some scattered red gems.




NEWS FROM THE STORE

We are not expecting any deliveries this week.

We have ordered the new release from Altenew but it normally takes around 3 weeks for it to be processed so is unlikely to be here until early October.


2 comments:

  1. Lovely cards and that cute penguin is already on my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you've used festive brights for two cards and contrasted that with a super frosty look for the other - a great mix of Christmas looks! The lacy die has cut so well too. Cute penguin! <3 Can't wait for the Altenew delivery... bring on October! Esther

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team