Monday 19 September 2016

Good Luck Placard

Hello there and happy Monday to you :)

I'm back to a card again this week as my daughter has requested a good luck card for herself and her housemates to give to a uni friend who's off overseas to continue his study. 
It just so happens that there's four of them to sign the card and Good Luck contains 8 letters... 
time to get those Avery Elle hands out I think :)


I do love this stamp set :)
For this card I have stamped and coloured the arms with Inktense pencils and cut them apart, of course to make them pairs I had to mirror stamp the image so I used the Stamping Bella Cardstock Matcher stamp to do this. I find it much easier using the rubber block to do mirror stamping and because I was cutting the images out it didn't matter about exact placement either. 

To make the placards I used the Sketchy Alphabet stamp set and coloured the letters in rainbow order before trimming around them in a rough rectangular shape


After working out the layout.... (a long card was needed for this one!).....
 I attached the placards and arms to the card with varying depths of foam tape
 for some dimension and interest.


I tucked them all behind a strip of Kraft card to match the base colour and added some sketchy lines to carry on the hand-drawn feel, which I love as much as the pop of the rainbow colours on the Kraft.

 


Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

3 comments:

  1. What a clever idea! I love the design of this with its creative and fun approach, the lovely Kraft background and the doodling. Your daughter's friend is going to be so pleased to get this! Esther x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card! Love the Waffle Flower alphabet, that'll be going on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team