Thursday 29 September 2016

Adding Ink Shading To Solid Image Stamps



Hi there everyone!

Today I'm sharing a sweet card that uses solid stamps but I will show how to get variation in the colouring.


I used the beautiful set from Mama Elephant 'Brushed Florals' for both my images and sentiment. I started by stamping the sentiment in a black ink so I could then stamp the flowers and leaves without stamping over it.



To get the different shades of colour on the solid stamps, I first stamped the image in a light colour for a base. I then inked up the same image using a darker shade of ink but then took off the ink on the edges of the image with a small sponge and then stamped this on top of the lighter image I already stamped. I love this look and I think it does help you get more out of solid image stamps you have.



Once I finished stamping I wanted the sentiment to 'pop' more so I cut around it using Lil Inkers 'Stitched Circle Mats'. I adhered the panel to my card base flat and added the sentiment circle with foam tape.

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you like my card.

Hugs, Lydia x

6 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous, really pretty and a lovely showcase of this technique. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card, the flowers are beautiful and I love how you popped the sentiment up. Thanks for sharing your stamping technique, too!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Lydia
    I just love the colours you have used and the stamps....must have a look at these in the shop!
    Love Marg

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team