Thursday 23 June 2016

Summer Floral Shaker


Hi there and a very happy Thursday!

Today I thought I bit of bright florals were in order ... with some added sparkle.

I grabbed MFT 'Pretty Posies' and set to work...


I started by drawing a circle onto a white card layer with a pencil so it could be rubbed out later, this circle will act as a guide for both stamping the images and partial die-cutting the circle. I then stamped my flowers and leaves into place using some lovely bright inks with a bold black outline. I stamped the outlines slightly off to give a more fresh and funky vibe.


Once the stamping was done I took the scallop circle from Mama Elephant 'All Prettied Up' die set and added this over the pencil guide I drew in before. I didn't want to cut through the flowers so I left these poking out from my plates when I die cut the circle- this way there is no pressure on them when they go through the machine so won't cut.

Once cut I added the piece on top on my card base without adhering it so I could stamp my sentiment, using Mama Elephant 'Everyday Greetings', through the die-cut circle into place.


I then added foam tape to the back of my card layer and added some clear sequins over my sentiment before adhering the card layer down.

Thank you so much for stopping by and I'll see you again next week!

Hugs Lydia x



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love the partial die cutting, really shows off the flowers

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team