Tuesday 21 June 2016

Flying Off The Card

Hi! Hope your day is going well.
Some of you might know how much I love creating 'off the card' style projects.
Why stick to just the card base when you can use the space off it too?! (I'm greedy like that!)

I was flicking through some of my sets and saw I'd not used these in a very long while


It's using the pretty Painted Butterflies set
To create this, I sorted the acetate frame first- you can see it in the picture below.

Once there. lay out all your butterflies.
I stamped and white heat embossed and then coloured in using Zig Clean Color Markers plus the Kuretake water brush

You then arrange your butterflies onto the acetate frame using glue and foam pads. Once they're all in place, flip the card over and snip off any parts of acetate that are showing and don't have a butterfly stuck to it.
It creates great movement using this method. I've tried to balance the design by adding the singular butterfly underneath which draws your eye back towards the top right following the directional aqua strip and then your eye is led back down the card with the butterflies. The sentiment leads your eye back up the butterfly and there you have it; a cyclic design.

I rather wish I was flying off somewhere today too.

See you soon,


Keren xx




3 comments:

  1. So very pretty and so clever. Very eye catching...love it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. STUNNING!!! I love this and I MUST give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous! Love!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team