Monday 30 May 2016

Smooth Blending

Hi there :)

Yay for another Bank Holiday and I hope the weather is good where you are... we're cracking on towards summer so it ought to be!! ;)

I have an interactive card for you today featuring Lawn Fawn's So Smooth stamp set.... I just couldn't resist these cute images in the recent release. I have seen a couple of shaker style cards with this blender jug but I've gone for a pull tab on my card to mix up some smoothie fun....


and when the mixing is done....


The front panel is just masking, stamping and colouring along with cutting out the inside of the jug... the workings are all behind and just involves some forward planning and a strip of card you have applied colour to, in this case I used markers, to mimic the fruit blending in the jug.
Here's a short and silent video to show the blender in action, I was ably assisted by my daughter whilst I did the shaky camera work ...

                                        


It's all trial and error when making these 'pull tab' interactive cards, but they really are quite simple which is what I love about them. The strip of coloured card slips up and down inside a channel of foam tape, you need to make sure you have enough space above and below the images so the coloured card doesn't show when fully up or down. I always try my ideas out on thin cheap card first when attempting this style of card.


                                                           


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great Bank Holiday Monday if you're in the UK and if your not, have a fab Monday anyhow :)

Jenny x


3 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team